October 24, 2017
Trace Software International is launching the newest version of its star design software solution: elecworks 2018. Available in 14 languages, elecworks is an electrical CAD solution for automation projects and electrical installations.
- Automatic bridges automatically connect two terminals with the same equipotential or two terminals connected to the same wire.
- Natural sort for the design process.
- Higher level of customization. Now users can set and customize an array of properties when working with the symbols attributes inserted in a project. Apart from the chance of setting a specific style for the project, the user can also add different parameters to each drawing, such as layers, line types and text styles.
- Enhanced automatic routing in 3D for PTC Creo. The product can work in a bidirectional and real-time synchronization with the mechanical research department using the digital model of the 3D project. Now users can route the wires the elements through the ducts inserted in the 3D model or define a specific path inside the cabinet.
- Automatic integration between elecworks 2018 and Windchill (PLM), part of the centralized management of all the stages of development.
- New classification manager to add your own classification to the symbols, parts, title blocks.
- Deferred update Mode. Users can reduce and save drawing time for schemes in large projects.
Sources: Press materials received from the company.