July 18, 2023
Verisurf Software, Inc. announces its 2024 software release providing new productivity workflows, tools, enhanced functions and expanded sensor and device compatibility, all designed to better connect metrology and manufacturing. This new release is available for download directly from the Verisurf website, where all new and existing customers with current maintenance agreements can access it.
Verisurf 2024 includes nearly 100 new productivity workflows, enhancements and additions. The software offers a solution that supports all 3D metrology applications, complemented with technical support, training services and application consulting for integration, process improvement, and resource use.
The new Verisurf 2024 release has new productivity tools, workflows, feature enhancements and expanded sensor and device compatibilities, all of which can be reviewed on the Verisurf Website; here are a few highlights:
- New RPS (Reference Point System) Alignment accelerates part alignment with control, connecting measured points to the referenced nominals. RPS Alignment helps comply with alignment strategies often required by the automotive industry.
- New Measure Filters provide real-time outlier removal from tactile scan data, including removal of start and end points, distance, waviness, Undulations Per Revolution, and Sigma.
- New Extract to Plan is a one-button solution to extract geometric features and surface profiles within scanned data. Users can select all features, selected features or features defined by model based definition and automatically extract and add the features and surface profiles along with associated geometric dimensioning and tolerancing reference data to an Inspection Plan.
- Enhanced global register provides quick and robust registrations and refinements of multiple datasets, including cloud to cloud, cloud to mesh, mesh to mesh, cloud to CAD, and mesh to CAD.
- Enhanced 3D mesh controls support the generation of high-quality meshes from clouds, including registration refinements and smoothing.
- New auto align controls enable greater flexibility and power, including alignment to targets in any order, use of gravity plane, and constraining to the highest datum surface target value to comply with industry standards.
Verisurf 2024 has integrated two additional sensors for the REVO 5-Axis multi-sensor system. The SFP2 (Surface Finish Solution) and RUP1 (REVO Ultrasonic Probe). Verisurf currently supports the RSP2, RSP3, SFP2, and RUP1 REVO 5-Axis Sensors.
Verisurf is a measurement, reverse engineering and inspection software built on a full-featured 3D CAD/CAM platform with intelligent Model-Based Definition. Verisurf software is compatible with all CAD file formats, and the Verisurf Device Interface communicates with all new and legacy 3D measurement devices for universal compatibility. Verisurf’s modular design enables users to quickly shift from reverse engineering to inspection to tool building, capturing and processing measurement data for all 3D metrology applications with repeatable process control across the manufacturing enterprise.
Sources: Press materials received from the company and additional information gleaned from the company’s website.
More Verisurf Coverage
About the Author
DE’s editors contribute news and new product announcements to Digital Engineering.
Press releases may be sent to them via DE-Editors@digitaleng.news.