Handheld Self-Positioning 3D Laser Scanner on Market
Optimized manufacturing and calibration processes enable Creaform’s flagship metrology-grade 3D scanners to deliver 12 microns accuracy, the company says.
3D Scanning News
3D Scanning Resources
February 7, 2023
Creaform, a business unit of AMETEK, and company invested in portable 3D measurement solutions and engineering services, notes the addition of the high-accuracy handheld scanner HandySCAN BLACK Elite Limited to the HandySCAN 3D BLACK series lineup.
Designed specifically to address the needs of dimensional metrology professionals in the industrial and manufacturing sectors, the HandySCAN BLACK Elite Limited can tackle quality control or product development applications where tolerances require increased accuracy.
Following are some of the product highlights:
- Provides an accuracy of 0.012 mm (0.0005 in)
- Offers a volumetric accuracy of 0.012 mm +0.020 mm/m (0.0005 in +0.0002 in/ft)
- Powered by smart resolution that highlights fine details and high curvature
- Uses 11 blue lasers crosses, for an increased scanning speed on difficult surfaces
- Boasts integrated photogrammetry, as does the whole HandySCAN 3D lineup
- Portable, lightweight, simple and versatile
- Ideal for Creaform application software, such as VXmodel module for scan to CAD, VXinspect module for dimensional inspection and VXintegrity NDT software platform for NDT applications
This metrology solution was fully developed and is manufactured in Creaform’s ISO 9000 headquarters in Canada, where it maintains an ISO 17025 accredited calibration laboratory in-house.
The HandySCAN BLACK Elite Limited will be available for delivery starting March 1, 2023.
Sources: Press materials received from the company and additional information gleaned from the company’s website.
More Creaform Coverage
About the Author
DE’s editors contribute news and new product announcements to Digital Engineering.
Press releases may be sent to them via DE-Editors@digitaleng.news.