Leadership Profile: QRA Founder Jordan Kyriakidis Discusses the Evolution of Requirements Writing
Automation and natural language processing can streamline requirements development and improve quality.
View or stream online
Leadership Profile: QRA Founder Jordan Kyriakidis Discusses the Evolution of Requirements Writing Duration
Latest podcast episodes
- 2023 State of Design & Make Report Reveals Skilled Labor Shortage and Sustainability Concerns
- DE Editors’ Chat: Nano Dimension’s Offer to Acquire Stratasys, ChatGPT’s Impact on Simulation, and More
- Podcast: Revolution in Simulation
- Leadership Profile: Matt Sederberg of Coreform Discusses how Isogeometric Analysis can Improve Workflows
- More podcast episodes
January 24, 2023
Three major shifts are driving Design Engineering toward a strategic inflection point:
- Automation and autonomy change how we specify, design, and build new products.
- New technology changes the kinds of products we can build — increased capabilities, increased complexity.
- The quality and quantity of remote workers performing asynchronous work are transforming the availability and cost of human capital.
How we build, what we build, and with whom we build, are all undergoing fundamental change.
The companies that will thrive will be those that excel in technical communication. Now more than ever, communication must be intentional, explicit, and succinct. The most enduring record of communication remains the written word, particularly for requirements specifications. Without a common shared understanding, any artifact derived from requirements will not and cannot be correct.
Three decades of research have shown that up to 80% of product defects can be avoided if detected during the requirements phase. As those defects lurk throughout the development phases, their severity compounds over time. Although collaboration and workflow management tools are important, in the end — as it was in the beginning — content is king. What matters most is the quality of the requirements, and how quickly that quality can be achieved.
In this episode of Leadership Profile, a sponsored podcast series, we talk to QRA Corp. founder Dr. Jordan Kyriakidis to discuss the challenges of requirements writing as product designs become more complex, and how QRA’s flagship product, QVscribe, helps companies measure and improve the quality of their technical requirements.
To learn more, listen to the podcast below.