July 12, 2021
ESI Group's OpenCFD announces the June 2021 release of OpenFOAM v2106. This release extends OpenFOAM-v2012 features across many areas of the code. The new functionality represents development sponsored by OpenCFD's customers, internally funded developments and integration of features and changes from the OpenFOAM community.
OpenFOAM is distributed by OpenCFD under the GPL License. In addition to source code packages suitable for compilation on a variety of Linux and other POSIX systems, this release also has a number of pre-compiled binary packages:
- Ubuntu Linux: packaged installation for Ubuntu 18.04 20.04 20.10 21.04
- openSUSE Linux: packaged installation for Leap15.2, Leap15.3
- Redhat Linux variants: packaged installation for CentOS 7, 8 and Fedora 33
Windows users have three options for precompiled packages (more information):
- Using Windows Subsystem for Linux (Ubuntu, centos or openSUSE packs)
- Native executables with cross-compiled
- A docker installation
Mac OSX users have the option to compile from source, or use Docker containers for pre-compiled packages (more information).
Sources: Press materials received from the company and additional information gleaned from the company’s website.