Cluster Computing News
Cluster Computing Resources
May 19, 2017
Bright Computing has released Bright Cluster Manager and Bright OpenStack 8.0 software.
Some key features and enhancements in the 8.0 release include:
- A new web-based graphical user interface (GUI) that operates on any web-based device (tablet, etc.), allowing administrators to login anywhere, anytime to manage their cluster environment.
- A completely revised subsystem that provides more metric collectors and flexibility for the user.
- In addition to Amazon Web Services (AWS) support, Bright now offers integration with Microsoft Azure that allows users to create virtual clusters in Azure, and the ability to extend an on-premises cluster into Azure.
- Support for Ubuntu 16.04 LTS in addition to the already supported RHEL and CentOS.
- Support for OpenStack Newton with improved logging of OpenStack events, performance improvements, and Ironic support for bare metal deployments.
Sources: Press materials received from the company.
Editor’s Pick: Closing the gap on 3D printing expertise
Materialise Mindware is billed as an advisory service to offer businesses strategic,...
Editor’s Pick: Print nylon carbon fiber parts on the desktop
MakerBot says the new material is optimized for high strength, heat resistance...
Editor’s Pick: Fast preparation of SolidWorks files for powder bed fusion 3D printing
ESPRIT Additive for Powder Bed Fusion comes as an add-in to SolidWorks,...
Editor’s Pick: Update adds third solver for simulation-driven design
This update includes the addition of SimSolid, Altair’s powerful software for...