ThinkPad X1, Lenovo Go Power Hybrid Working
Lenovo unveils an array of product offerings at CES 2023, including the updated ThinkPad X1 portfolio.
January 6, 2023
Ahead of CES 2023, Lenovo unveiled its latest ThinkPad X1 laptops featuring recycled materials, updated Lenovo Commercial Vantage software designed to highlight feature settings that can help improve energy efficiency, and a new Lenovo Viewapplication offering advanced computer vision technology for enhanced video image quality and tools for collaboration, security, and digital wellness.
The latest line of ThinkVision monitors leads with the ultra-bright ThinkVision P27pz-30 and P32pz-30 mini-LED displays followed by ThinkVision’s new T-series VOIP monitors built for hybrid work, featuring an integrated Microsoft Teams functionality, 5MP cameras, dual microphones and speakers.
Lenovo also introduced its latest professional-grade 4K ThinkVision P-series monitors. Completing a hybrid eco-system are new Lenovo accessories, including the Lenovo Go Desk Station, Lenovo Go 4K Pro Webcam and Lenovo Professional Wireless Rechargeable Combo Keyboard and Mouse.
In line with its vision of achieving net-zero by 2050 aligned to Science Based Target initiatives, Lenovo continues to focus on supporting a circular economy by increasing the use of recycled materials in its products and packaging, and collaborating with industry partners to help increase energy efficiency of its devices. This includes working with suppliers and global logistics providers to decrease the emissions released in its supply chain and working to increase the energy efficiency in Lenovo’s factories and workplaces.
As ThinkPad surpasses 30 years, the brand’s evolution continues to set benchmarks for durability, productivity, performance, and user experience. Entering a new era of computing dominated by a need for a more sustainable future, ThinkPad turns its focus toward hardware and software design and engineering to support Lenovo’s net-zero vision.
ThinkPad X1 Carbon Gen 11, ThinkPad X1 Yoga Gen 8, and ThinkPad X1 Nano Gen 3 all feature recycled materials in select components:
- ThinkPad X1 Carbon Gen 11 includes 90% recycled magnesium in the palm rest and 55% recycled aluminum on its bottom cover
- ThinkPad X1 Nano Gen 3 features 90% recycled magnesium hybrid in the palm rest and bottom cover
- Retail packaging is made from 100% bamboo and sugarcane fiber, brown box packaging is made from plastic-free packaging with 90% recycled and/or FSC certified content, and the new ThinkPad X1’s include Post Consumer Content (PCC) plastic in select components.
- All ThinkPad laptops also qualify for Lenovo’s CO2 Offset Service.
In addition to increased use of recycled materials, Lenovo’s energy efficiency efforts also extend to the use of its products. The new Lenovo Commercial Vantage application demonstrates the company’s investments in helping businesses manage their carbon footprint. The intuitive software aims to guide and encourage users to enable certain settings that are designed to help reduce power consumption or extend component lifespan. The appropriate features include clearly identified labels and information to help users select their preferred configuration. Efficiency labels can extend to:
- Computer Vision3 Human Presence Detection can reduce energy consumption through Zero Touch Lock function
- OLED settings on OLED equipped models can also reduce energy consumption and extend the lifespan of the display
- Smart Charge can help extend the lifespan of the battery through setting charge thresholds
- Setting the Keyboard Backlight to Off can reduce power use
For many more details not included here, click here.
Sources: Press materials received from the company and additional information gleaned from the company’s website.
More Lenovo Coverage
Subscribe to our FREE magazine,FREE email newsletters or both!
About the Author
DE’s editors contribute news and new product announcements to Digital Engineering.
Press releases may be sent to them via DE-Editors@digitaleng.news.