May 9, 2023
ENGYS has released ELEMENTS 4.0.0, an open-source based computational fluid dynamics (CFD) software suite for vehicle design applications produced by Streamline Solutions LLC. This release also includes new versions of the add-on modules ELEMENTS-Adjoint and ELEMENTS-Coupled.
ELEMENTS combines two simulation environments in one package: a dedicated virtual wind tunnel wizard for modeling external vehicle aerodynamics, and a general-purpose CFD interface for solving other vehicle design applications. The default methodology and best practices for external vehicle aerodynamics provided with this version of ELEMENTS have been tested and validated to conform to the latest regulations on alternative drag prediction methods proposed as part of the Worldwide harmonized Light vehicles Test Procedure (WLTP).
ELEMENTS 4.0.0 is new major version that offers a range of extended capabilities and code refinements. The new features cover all aspects of the product, including:
- Improved graphical user interface for ease of use and simplified virtual wind tunnel simulations;
- Better parallel meshing with enhanced near-wall layers handling and minimum geometry preparation;
- Extended setup utilities with Python-based scripting capabilities;
- New unified flow solver framework with new functionality for extended reference frames, material properties, scalar transport, boundary conditions and turbulence flows; and
- Extended monitoring and visualization objects for advanced post-processing.
Sources: Press materials received from the company and additional information gleaned from the company’s website.
More ENGYS Coverage
About the Author
DE’s editors contribute news and new product announcements to Digital Engineering.
Press releases may be sent to them via DE-Editors@digitaleng.news.