Kubotek Kosmos 3D Framework 2.0 Available
The Kubotek Kosmos framework is a set of advanced, multi-platform C/C++ software components that maximize a program’s performance and ability to work with complete engineering models.
September 10, 2019
Kubotek3D announced that the Kubotek Kosmos 3D framework has been updated to version 2.0. The Kubotek Kosmos framework is a set of advanced, multi-platform C/C++ software components that maximize a program’s performance and ability to work with complete engineering models and data from all major MCAD databases, the company reports. The product supports software developers building 3D applications that need to work with engineering models and data.
Kubotek Kosmos 3D framework 2.0 also sees performance improvements in generating intersection slice profiles between a model and a series of parallel planes. This slicing function, of interest to users because of its need in additive manufacturing, is an application in which Kubotek Kosmos performance offers unconstricted support for multi-threaded processing.
Additional 2.0 Enhancements
- Feature recognition detects additional and more complex types.
- Full semantic support for PMI tolerance symbols
- Automated merging of redundant faces/edges improved.
- Seamless API integration with Datakit direct CAD readers
- Licensing and trial system replaced for improved customer support.
- Faceting performance
- Improvements to surface covering with primitive surfaces
- Polygon selection performance and support for references
- Improvements to quality and performance of file readers
Sources: Press materials received from the company and additional information gleaned from the company’s website.