IMSI Design Releases DesignCAD 2021
DesignCAD 3D MAX 2021’s new and improved features include ribbon user interface, improved icons and 4K support, to name a few.
July 16, 2021
IMSI Design, the developer of TurboCAD, has upgraded its DesignCAD family of products.
“We've put a lot of emphasis on usability, performance and overall modernization of DesignCAD with the 2021 release,” states Bob Mayer, president of IMSI Design. “Both our existing customers, as well as prospective new users will appreciate these enhancements that continue to make DesignCAD the easiest to learn CAD title,” adds Mayer.
DesignCAD 3D MAX 2021’s new and improved features include:
- Ribbon—Ribbon User Interface has been added to DesignCAD 2021. Users can now switch between Classic and Ribbon UIs.
- Improved Icons (Vector)—Improved Icons (Vector) have been added.
- 4K Support—4K screen support has been added to DesignCAD 2021 for more legible viewing with high-resolution display settings.
- Ellipse by Diagonal—An “Ellipse by Diagonals” tool has been added to the Circles section. An ellipse can be drawn using its two diagonal points. The first point is the starting diagonal point of the ellipse and the second point is the ending diagonal point.
- Circumscribed Polygon—A “Circumscribed Polygon” tool has been added to the Planes section. The user can draw the polygon by using the first point as a center point and the second point as the center of one of the edges of the polygon.
- Diagonal Slot Polygon—A “Slot Polygon” has been added to the Planes section. The user can draw a slot shaped polygon by using the first point as the first diagonal point and the second point as its second diagonal point.
- Rubber-banding improved.
- Redraw of Meshes Performance Improvement—Redraw of Meshes has been improved in DesignCAD 2021.
- Import/Export Adobe Illustrator—An Adobe Illustrator Export Filter has been added to DesignCAD 2021. Previous versions of DesignCAD had Adobe Illustrator as an import filter only.
- Faster Import of STL Files—Import of STL files has improved up to 10x.
Availability and Pricing
DesignCAD 3D Max 2021 has an SRP of $199.99, DesignCAD 2D has an SRP of 59.99. Both are now available from the IMSIDesign company websites: www.TurboCAD.com and www.IMSIDesign.com. Upgrades are available to owners of DesignCAD 3D Max versions for $79.99.
Sources: Press materials received from the company and additional information gleaned from the company’s website.
About the Author
DE’s editors contribute news and new product announcements to Digital Engineering.
Press releases may be sent to them via DE-Editors@digitaleng.news.