March 16, 2018
ENGYS has released v3.0.2 of HELYX, a general-purpose computational fluid dynamics (CFD) software solution for engineering design and optimization based on ENGYS’ open-source simulation engine (HELYX-Core).
HELYX v3.0.2 is a maintenance release with several refinements to remove known issues found in v3.0.1. Additionally, the following new features and enhancement have been added in this new version:
- new client-server interface to run HELYX applications on demand at the Cirrus HPC cluster powered by the EPCC (Edinburgh Parallel Computing Centre);
- new GUI panel for creating near-wall layers applied to baffles and non-conformal mesh interfaces;
- new option to run the HELYX-Server in parallel using HPC systems with PBS, PBS Pro or LFS support;
- new interface for porous media in HELYX-Coupled;
- improved interface for HELYX-Adjoint design objectives; and
- improved interface for mapping results in parallel between cases.
Sources: Press materials received from the company.