DP Technology Introduces Updated CAM Software for 2020
DP Technology, the parent company of the ESPRIT CAM system, introduces an array of software updates for 2020.
April 3, 2020
DP Technology announces a comprehensive product update, called ESPRIT 2020, for its computer-aided manufacturing (CAM) software. There are updates to the software’s computer-aided design (CAD) interfaces and new or improved solutions for specific machine tools.
ESPRIT 2020 features updates for Swiss-type machining. This technique is defined by its small, often intricate parts. Medical devices, such as bone screws, are typically manufactured on Swiss-type machines. ESPRIT’s 2020 update introduces or enhances support for 200 different Swiss-type machine models, including:
- Citizen D25, which features three channels, 3x Y-axis, 3x Z-axis, B-axis front and back
- Star SV 38R, which features three channels and a B-axis
- Tsugami SS38, a chucker-convertible sliding headstock lathe with B-axis
- Tornos machines
- Seamless integration of laser cutting operations for Tsugami and Citizen
- Willemin-Macodel MT series machines
The 2020 update also includes updated support for the latest CAD software, including SolidWorks 2020, SolidEdge 2020, PTC Creo 6 and NX 1847.
Improved CAD support allows users to better design and visualize parts before manufacturing begins. CAD modeling is an integral part of designing and optimizing any new part, and different software types specialize in different modeling techniques.
Additionally, ESPRIT 2020 expands mill-turn support to the following machines:
- Index G200 and G220, featuring two and three turrets and a disk turret mounted on a B-axis
- Miyano BNE 51 MSY, featuring three X-axes and three Z-axes
- Traub TNX, featuring simultaneous independent machining with up to four tool carriers
- CMZ TTL, featuring two turrets and two spindles
- Enhanced profile threading and probing capabilities round out the product release.
“Product releases are always exciting for us, because often we’re providing a solution where one did not previously exist,” says Tania Campanelli, director of Research and Development at DP Technology. “2020 is no different. We look forward to more users discovering why ESPRIT is the right choice.”
Sources: Press materials received from the company and additional information gleaned from the company’s website.
About the Author
DE’s editors contribute news and new product announcements to Digital Engineering. Press releases can be sent to them via DE-Editors@digitaleng.news.Follow DE