April 23, 2020
Datakit, specialist in data transfer between CAD systems, announces that version 2020.2 of its software is now available. It adds support for the latest versions of CATIA V5, CGR and NX formats, conversion of new entities for JT, Rhino and CATIA V5 formats, as well as reinforcement of BIM format conversion.
The latest update of Datakit's 2D and 3D data exchange software comes with many new features:
- Datakit continues its development in the building information modeling world thanks to the reinforcement of its Revit and IFC file readers.
- Datakit's Revit format library now supports .rfa (Revit Families) files in addition to the .rvt files that were already supported.
- The new version of CrossManager can convert IFC files into SOLIDWORKS and CGR files.
- Version 2020.2 also enhances the existing Datakit interfaces by adding support for new versions of CAD formats.
All Datakit software benefits from these improvements:
- Datakit tools can now read and convert .CATPart, .CATProduct, .CATDrawing, and .cgr files from version R10 up to version V5-6R2020.
- Siemens has released several new NX version since Datakit's V2020.1 release; V2020.2 supports all these new versions up until NX 1907.
- Datakit offers import plug-ins for Open CASCADE, allowing ability to load many 3D formats in applications based on this technology.
- New data types are available in this latest version, allowing more and more data to be read and written in 3D files.
- Datakit’s JT format reading library now allows Layers to be differentiated.
Users can now:
Read textures in .3dm files, and recover them with the CrossCad/Ware SDK, or convert them into other formats that support textures with CrossManager.
Import different file formats with their textures into Rhino, with Rhino import plug-ins.
Export Rhino models with their textures to formats that support them, such as 3D PDF, using export plug-ins for Rhino.
Reading Annotation Set Results in CATIA V5
In some cases, Product and Manufacturing Information (PMI) is stored in CATIA V5 files in graphical form in “Annotation Set Results”. Datakit's CATIA V5 reader now supports reading these types of annotations, in addition to the “classic” PMI that was previously supported. This upgrade is also available for CATIA V5 2D files, with the support of annotations contained in “Drw Results.”
Improvements for Entire Software Set
V2020.2 also benefits from the continuous improvement of CAD interfaces provided by Datakit. They are in permanent maintenance to improve their quality and support new entities, while also optimizing execution time. These improvements apply to all Datakit product lines: for end-users using plug-ins or the CrossManager converter, as well as for software vendors incorporating Datakit technology. All convertible formats with CrossManager.
Sources: Press materials received from the company and additional information gleaned from the company’s website.