November 28, 2022
CADSoftTools unveils CADEditorX 15, a new version of its ActiveX component to work with CAD files. Following is what’s new:
- Improved work with large files
- Faster navigation
- Quicker opening of 3D files and interaction with their structure
New 3D Kernel
3D functionality is revamped in CADEditorX and there was a decision to replace Open Cascade Technology with a 3D kernel. In this new version, there is:
- faster opening of 3D files;
- improved reading of SAT, SLDPRT, X_T, X_B, OBJ formats;
- added support for FSAT, SAB, SMT, IPT, IFC formats;
- added export to SAT and SAB formats;
- improved export of STEP, OBJ, DWG, DXF formats.
Sometimes customers get files with several drawing sheets in the model space. Such files can cause difficulties, for example, when it is needed to print the sheets separately. Now there is a Layout Detector feature. Its button can be found on the Advanced tab.
Sources: Press materials received from the company and additional information gleaned from the company’s website.
About the Author
DE’s editors contribute news and new product announcements to Digital Engineering.
Press releases may be sent to them via DE-Editors@digitaleng.news.