America Makes Names New Executive Committee
The Institute and its membership community welcomes 11 additive manufacturing leaders to serve in advisory capacity.
February 21, 2020
America Makes announces election of its new Executive Committee—the main strategic advisory group for the Institute, focusing on strategy, policy and advocacy.
The Executive Committee is comprised of three appointed government representatives and eight representatives elected from three sectors within its membership community—nonprofits, academia and industry. Executive Committee members serve two-year terms.
“Our Executive Committees have always had membership diversification built into the structure,” says America Makes Executive Director John Wilczynski. “However, this Executive Committee has an additional level of diversity with representation from every part of the additive manufacturing value chain. They will play an integral role in providing strategic guidance and sharing their unique perspectives as we continue to execute our mission.”
The members of the America Makes 2020-2021 Executive Committee include:
- Stephanie Gaffney, director of Advanced Manufacturing Program, Youngstown Business Incubator (YBI)
- Jeannine Kunz, vice president, Tooling U-SME
- Sandra DeVincent Wolf, director of Research Partnerships, College of Engineering Executive Director, NextManufacturing Center & Manufacturing Futures Initiative, Carnegie Mellon University
- Ed Herderick, Ph.D., director of Additive Manufacturing, The Center for Design and Manufacturing Excellence (CDME), Ohio State University
- John Barnes, founder, The Barnes Group Advisors
- Melanie Lang, co-founder & CEO, FormAlloy
- Jim Monroe, AM director, American Additive Manufacturing, LLC
- Brian Rosenberger, LM fellow, Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Company
- Raymond “Corky” Clinton, Ph.D., associate director, Science and Technology Office, NASA Marshall Space Flight Center
- Alan Pentz, Ph.D., Additive Manufacturing implementation lead, Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Navy [Research, Development, Test, & Evaluation DASN (RDT&E)]
- Mike McKittrick, Ph.D., program manager—R&D Consortia, U.S. Department of Energy | Energy Efficiency & Renewable Energy Advanced Manufacturing Office
The Executive Committee convenes monthly via conference calls and annually at a face-to-face meeting during America Makes Members Meeting & Exchange (MMX) event held in Youngstown, OH, in the fall.
A conference call is scheduled for March 2, 2020, in which Executive Committee members will elect a chairperson. Executive Committee members attending America Makes’ upcoming Technical Review & Exchange (TRX) event in March 2020 will also have the opportunity to informally convene. TRX will be held on March 3-4, 2020, in College Station, TX, hosted by Texas A&M Engineering Experiment Station (TEES), a part of The Texas A&M University System, and the home of America Makes’ second Satellite Center. TRX will be held at the Center for Infrastructure Renewal (CIR) on the RELLIS Campus of The Texas A&M University. Registration for TRX is open through Wednesday, February 26th.
Sources: Press materials received from the company and additional information gleaned from the company’s website.
More America Makes Coverage
About the Author
DE’s editors contribute news and new product announcements to Digital Engineering.
Press releases may be sent to them via DE-Editors@digitaleng.news.