Education and Training News
September 8, 2020
Altair will hold its 2020 Global Altair Technology Conference (ATC) virtually October 5-7. The ATC will feature digital discoveries and innovations, while continuing to explore solutions for a smarter, more connected world.
“Since its inception 12 years ago, the ATC has become the premier learning forum for exploring ideas and solutions to drive faster decisions,” says James Scapa, founder and chief executive officer of Altair. “We welcome industry leaders, executives, analysts, investors, engineers, scientists, developers and academia to join us and be inspired as we collectively work to shape the future.”
The free three-day conference will explore “The Future of…” theme with keynotes including:
- “The Future of AI is Empathetic—Rana el Kaliouby, CEO and co-founder of Affectiva and author of “Girl Decoded: A Scientist’s Quest to Reclaim Our Humanity by Bringing Emotional Intelligence to Technology”
- “The Future of Robotics”—Ayanna Howard, founder and CTO of Zyrobotics
- “The Future of Engineering Education”—Mary Boyce, dean of the Fu Foundation School of Engineering and Applied Science, Columbia University
- “The Future of Engineering Technology”—professor Karen Willcox, director of the Oden Institute for Computational Engineering and Sciences, University of Texas at Austin
- “The Future of Deep Learning”—Hod Lipson, professor of mechanical engineering and data science, Columbia University
The ATC will also showcase global trends—including healthcare, mobility, artificial intelligence and the augmented workforce—and will include a full day dedicated to students and start-ups.
Sources: Press materials received from the company and additional information gleaned from the company’s website.